Formula 1 gossip and rumours from international media
SUNDAY 28 APRIL
Robert Kubica has confirmed rumours that he has driven in Mercedes' F1 simulator. The Pole, who has not raced in F1 since a rallying accident forced him out of the sport in early 2011, has a close relationship with Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff.
A night race on the streets of Bangkok has moved a step closer after the Thai government confirmed circuit plans had been approved for a Grand Prix of Thailand in 2015.
Flavio Briatore says he has it in writing that he had no involvement in the 2008 Singapore crash scandal. The former Renault team principal was banned from F1 after Renault driver Nelson Piquet Jr deliberately crashed to help team-mate Fernando Alonso win the race.
McLaren driver Sergio Perez has denied apologising to team-mate Jenson Button, after Button accused him of dangerous driving in Bahrain. The Mexican said he only felt it necessary to apologise to the team, because they were both "very aggressive".
SATURDAY 27 APRIL
Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton insists that Sebastian Vettel will not run away with the 2013 title, despite the defending champion winning for the second time this season in Bahrain.
Pre-season testing for 2014 may start in January, with the switch to 1.6-litre V6 turbo power engines requiring teams to design all-new cars for next season.
Force India deputy team principal Bob Fernley says Paul di Resta would be world champion by now if he was driving a Red Bull. Di Resta equalled the best result of his F1 career in Bahrain by finishing fourth, but is still searching for his first podium after 43 races.
Sauber team principal Monisha Kaltenborn says it is too early to judge rookie Esteban Gutierrez. The 21-year-old Mexican is the youngest driver on the grid and has had a difficult start to the season, managing only a 14th place and having been handed a five-place grid penalty for Bahrain after crashing into Adrian Sutil in China.
Ferrari's Fernando Alonso has tweeted a picture of him playing football wearing an Italian shirt.
THURSDAY 25 APRIL
Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher is to drive a 2011 Mercedes Formula 1 car around the famous Nurburgring Nordschliefe circuit before the 24-hour race there on 19 May. "Posting a lap in a modern Silver Arrow on the most beautiful and most testing circuit in the world, what a brilliant mix," Schumacher said. "It's every motor racing driver's dream."
Mercedes motorsport director Toto Wolff wants the Silver Arrows to be among the four top teams in the constructors' championship and have a driver among the top four at the end of the season.
Tyre manufacturer Pirelli are to put a 2011 HRT Formula 1 car up for a charity auction on eBay after it became surplus to requirements.
Scottish driver Paul di Resta says Force India are "very close" to scoring the team's second podium after he just missed out in Bahrain. Giancarlo Fisichella is the only man to have stood on the podium in Force India colours when he finished second in the 2009 Belgian Grand Prix.
A three-day young driver test is set to take place at Silverstone on 17-19 July 2013.
Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg will make a guest appearance at Hockenheim for the opening round of the German Touring Car series (DTM) on 4 and 5 May.
WEDNESDAY 24 APRIL
Porsche opted for a return to top-flight sportscar racing over Formula 1 because it has more relevance to road cars.
Mercedes will have switched more than half of its workforce to its 2014 Formula 1 car by May, says the firm's motorsport boss Toto Wolff.
Red Bull's Mark Webber, who celebrated his 200th race in Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix, doubts he will remain in Formula 1 long enough to beat Rubens Barrichello's record for starting the most races of 322.
Lotus team principal Eric Boullier says the team will help Kimi Raikkonen try to "force Sebastian Vettel to crack under pressure".
TUESDAY 23 APRIL
Jenson Button has tweeted that he and team-mate Sergio Perez have "cleared the air" after Button accused the Mexican of dangerous driving in Bahrain.
Meanwhile, Perez uploaded a picture of the two McLaren drivers battling in Bahrain to his Instagram, with the caption "nice memory".
Pirelli is expected to hold talks in its Milan factory on Tuesday to discuss possible changes to their tyre strategy going into the European races. The season's first four races were dominated by tyre-wear strategy, drawing criticism from Red Bull Team Principal Christian Horner.
From the Spanish Grand Prix onwards, Pirelli are set to give teams running rookie drivers in first practice an extra set of tyres. This in an attempt to encourage more on-track action for spectators.
Kimi Raikkonen's trainer says the Finn suffered an allergic reaction just prior to the Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday. He was reportedly late for the pre-race driver parade, and suffers from allergies affecting his skin three or four times a year.
Sebastian Vettel says the Sochi Olympic Park Circuit is very impressive after driving part of the track in a road car on Monday. The circuit is still under construction, but is set to host the inaugural Russian Grand Prix next year.
MONDAY 22 APRIL
Red Bull driver Mark Webber and team owner Dietrich Mateschitz are scheduled to have a "private conversation" on Monday.
Fernando Alonso has tweeted a picture of him smiling with the caption "Good Morning!! Smile!!!", despite dropping from second to eighth after his DRS overtaking aid failed in Bahrain, leaving the Ferrari driver 30 points off the championship lead.
Pirelli's director of motorsport Paul Hembery is sure track debris caused Felipe Massa's tyre problems in Bahrain. The Ferrari driver was forced to make two extra pit stops at the Sakhir circuit after his rear tyres deflated.
Scotland's Paul di Resta refuses to be downbeat after he narrowly missed out on his first podium finish in Bahrain, with his Force India finishing fourth behind the Lotus of Romain Grosjean.
SUNDAY 21 APRIL
Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen insists he has given no thought to his future beyond the current season amid renewed speculation that the Finn may replace Mark Webber at Red Bull in 2014.
Championship leader Sebastian Vettel doesn't need to worry about making friends, providing he keeps winning, according to Red Bull's motorsport advisor Helmut Marko.
Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn believes the gearbox penalty regulations should be revisited after Lewis Hamilton received a five-place penalty in Bahrain following damage from a tyre failure.
FRIDAY 19 APRIL
Lewis Hamilton has pleaded with Mercedes not to ditch boss Ross Brawn in favour of McLaren's technical director Paddy Lowe who is currently on gardening leave.
Hamilton also revealed that he tried to see his old McLaren team during pre-season testing in Jerez, but sporting director Sam Michael threw him out of the garage.
Bahrain is eyeing a return to a season-opening slot on the Formula 1 calendar, with a test at Sakhir preceding it.
The future of the Brazilian Grand Prix in Sao Paulo appears to be secure as F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has received assurances the Interlagos circuit is to finally get a revamp.
Red Bull's Mark Webber hopes he used up all his bad luck in China last weekend.
Webber and Ferrari's Fernando Alonso had dinner together in Dubai this week, with Webber saying they spoke about cycling. Alonso paid the bill.
Heikki Kovalainen believes Caterham needs to take a new set-up direction with its car having had his first taste of the CT03 during FP1 for the Bahrain Grand Prix.
THURSDAY 18 APRIL
Britain's Lewis Hamilton feels he has yet to fully settle in at Mercedes, despite the fact he is in the early running for this year's world title.
Meanwhile, Hamilton's team principal Ross Brawn says Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix will prove whether the 2008 world champion has a car which is capable of fighting for the world championship.
Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali says the team need to improve their form in qualifying ahead of this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix.
Domenicali also hailed Marussia driver and Ferrari Driver Academy member Jules Bianchi's "great" start to the season.
Lotus owner Gerard Lopez says he is happy to wait for the right deal before signing a title sponsor to the team.
Red Bull's Mark Webber will take part in the 200th grand prix of his career this weekend in Bahrain.
McLaren's Jenson Button has a new tattoo. It's an image of a tortoise shell etched into his upper arm and shoulder, which is a symbol of protection.
Marussia reserve driver Rodolfo Gonzalez will take part in a Formula 1 practice session for the first time when he gets behind the wheel of Bianchi's MR02 in first practice for the Bahrain Grand Prix on Friday.
Caterham reserve driver Alexander Rossi spent the day with the US Navy on Thursday.
Former Williams F1 chairman Adam Parr has joined Sported, a foundation dedicated to securing the legacy of London 2012.
WEDNESDAY 17 APRIL
FIA president Jean Todt is again under the spotlight for failing to travel to Bahrain for the grand prix despite the ongoing demonstrations against the event.
Lotus has faith that Romain Grosjean will get on top of his early season troubles.
Giedo van der Garde says he holds no fears over losing his race seat as the 2013 season progresses, following the news that Heikki Kovalainen is returning to Caterham as its reserve driver to complete practice sessions in Bahrain and Spain.
Sao Paulo's mayor has dismissed reports Bernie Ecclestone is close to dropping the Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos from the F1 calendar after 2013.
Force India's Paul di Resta is to have clear the air talks with team-mate Adrian Sutil after they clashed on the first lap of the Chinese Grand Prix.
TUESDAY 16 APRIL
Lotus have played down reports that Kimi Raikkonen will leave the team for Red Bull at the end of the season. Mark Webber's future at Red Bull is in doubt following the recent team orders controversy.
McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh has called on Sergio Perez to "toughen up" if he is to make a name for himself at the team.
Lewis Hamilton has identified Ferrari's Fernando Alonso as the man he must beat if he is to win the world championship in his first season with Mercedes.
Webber has reportedly visited the Porsche factory in Weissach near Stuttgart, amid speculation that he will make a move to the Le Mans outfit next season.
However, Porsche have denied reports it has agreed a five-year contract to move Webber from F1 to its Le Mans prototype project from 2014.