Formula 1's governing body, the FIA, have agreed to hear new evidence from Force India as the team attempt to have Sergio Perez's five-place grid penalty for the Austrian Grand Prix overturned.
Perez, 24, was penalised following a last-lap collision with Williams' Felipe Massa in Canada on 8 June.
The Mexican was deemed to have illegally changed his line approaching the first corner, causing the crash.
Perez said: "We believe we have enough evidence to prove I did nothing wrong."
Force India said they had been unable to speak to their driver before the original hearing because he was in hospital and therefore seen the stewards without having input from the Mexican.
The stewards met on Friday morning to review the penalty and agreed to review the decision reached by different officials in Montreal.
They said they had recognised "exceptional circumstances" and exercised their discretion to review the matter.
A hearing will be convened after practice on the same day, which Perez and Massa will be required to attend.
The pair had been battling for fourth as they started the last lap at the race in Canada, which was won by Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo.
After the crash they were taken to hospital for precautionary checks before being released.
Massa criticised Perez for his part in the incident, saying the penalty "was not enough".
He reiterated that view at Austria's Red Bull Ring circuit on Thursday, adding that he no longer trusts Perez.
Asked what he will do next time if he tries to pass Perez, Massa said: "I will think twice.
"I have to believe that he will not move his car. And you cannot believe, when somebody is paying so many penalties, and causing so many problems, you cannot believe.
"I will not trust him any more in the car."