Jenson Button not concerned about Formula 1 future
Jenson Button is not worried about his future in Formula 1 and believes Ron Dennis is on his side despite critical comments from the McLaren boss recently.
Dennis said before last weekend's British Grand Prix that Button, who is out of contract at the end of the year, should "try harder".
The 34-year-old has finished on the podium just once this season.
"I don't see why I wouldn't be here next year," he said.
"I'm not - as I shouldn't be - worried about my future in Formula One. I definitely shouldn't be thinking 'is someone going to sign me next year?'.
"I'm a world champion, I've won 15 grands prix, I'm at the top of my game - I personally feel right now - I've a really quick team-mate, which is pushing me on."
|Button's form this season|
McLaren have an uncompetitive car for the second year in succession and are struggling to qualify in the top 10.
But there was an improved display from both Button and his team-mate Kevin Magnussen at Silverstone as they finished fourth and seventh respectively in Sunday's race, which was won by Lewis Hamilton.
Button had earlier impressed in Saturday's qualifying after securing third on the grid - his best qualifying result of the season so far.
Asked whether Dennis's comments had played a part in his good weekend, Button added: "Definitely not.
"We actually joked about it after qualifying. He said 'see, comments worked'. We had a laugh.
"When you already give 100%, words do not change anything - negative or positive.
"I go into a room before quali or a race to get my head in the right place, every race I do that.
"I don't want to do a bad job, I want to do the best job I possibly can."