Cavanagh not concussed in Monaghan game insist Tyrone
Tyrone County Board have said that Sean Cavanagh was not concussed in the Football League defeat by Monaghan.
Cavanagh took a blow to his head in the the first half of Saturday's game but played on after receiving treatment.
Manager Mickey Harte said after the game that Cavanagh had suffered a "slight, mild concussion".
However, a Tyrone statement on Tuesday night said that the term 'concussion' had been used "loosely from a non-medical perspective".
"He was immediately assessed for any evidence of concussion," continued the Tyrone statement.
"On the pitch Sean was alert and reported no symptoms. He was able to answer all questions confirming he was fully orientated.
"He was deemed NOT to be concussed and was allowed to remain on the field.
"As concussion can be an evolving condition he was closely monitored by the medical team who were satisfied his behaviour/ball handling/coordination etc were appropriate and he remained symptom free.
"At half time he was reassessed and passed full SCAT3 evaluation. The medical team were satisfied throughout that Sean did not have concussion."
Tyrone's statement follows comments by Acquired Brain Injury Ireland which expressed concern at reports that Cavanagh had played on after being concussed.