Tyrone expect Sean Cavanagh to be available for the Ulster Football opener against Donegal on 17 May even though he underwent a minor knee operation last week.
Cavanagh, 32, is believed to be currently on crutches.
The Moy man was bothered by the injury during the Football League and opted to undergo in advance of the championship.
Mickey Harte said he had "no concerns over Sean Cavanagh's fitness or availability" for the Donegal game.
"Sean did undergo a minor procedure to clear up a niggling knee injury and that has been successful," said the Tyrone manager is a brief statement to BBC Sport Northern Ireland.
"We expect him to return to training within the next seven to 10 days."
Tyrone will be keen to have Cavanagh on board for the Ulster preliminary round game after a number of players opted out of the squad following the recent relegation from Division 1 of the Football League.
PJ Lavery was the latest to walk away from the panel last week after the earlier departures of Dwayne Quinn, Paddy McNeice, Shay McGuigan and Emmet McKenna.
Meanwhile, Tyrone boss Harte returned to county training on Wednesday.
The Tyrone manager underwent what was termed as a "surgical procedure" three weeks ago.
A Tyrone statement on 3 April said that Harte was "recovering at home" following the operation and that he would "resume his duties with the senior football team in the very near future".