That's all from us for now as the Sky Blues celebrate a first League Cup success. We hope you enjoyed our coverage of the Seaview decider and please join us again next Saturday for live text commentary on the Irish Premiership.
- Ballymena United 2-0 Carrick Rangers (RESULT)
- Conor McCloskey doubles the lead for the Braidmen
- Allan Jenkins opens the scoring for Ballymena
- Quote Message: I'm absolutely delighted for the players and board, and overjoyed for the supporters. This was a tough game as Carrick made it really difficult in awful conditions. I had a great time at Linfield but this is a new chapter. Brian (McLaughlin) and I are humbled and blessed. It means an awful lot. from David Jeffrey Ballymena United manager
- Quote Message: The game was a fantastic advert for the local game and it was a terrific match. I'm so proud of our lads but the foul on Daniel Kelly was the most blatant penalty I've seen all season. I can't understand it and it's not good enough. Referees need to stand up in these big games. from Aaron Callaghan Carrick Rangers manager
- Quote Message: To be honest I wasn't going to hit it but that then I thought 'why not'. It had to be a good strike to beat a keeper like Brian Neeson. from Conor McCloskey Ballymena United midfielder
- Quote Message: It's unbelievable - an unreal feeling but hard to beat. People say when you leave Linfield you will win nothing, but I've won two trophies. Credit to Carrick as they put it up us, but we dug deep and got the rewards. from Jim Ervin Ballymena United captain
Ballymena are League Cup champions for 2016-17!!!!!
Simply superb - Conor McCloskey lines it up and hammers the ball into the top corner from 20 yards. A quality goal to seal victory for the Sky Blues.
The Sky Blues are almost there as we enter four additional minutes but Carrick still have time to send this game into extra-time.
TJ Murray is bundled over in the Ballymena area by Conor McCloskey but penalty appeals are turned down. Carrick are threatening late on and Nathan McConnell's low shot is turned away by United keeper Ross Glendinning.
A big chance for Rangers to level but Adam Salley heads onto the roof of the net from close-range. It's Carrick's only meaningful opportunity in the second half and time is running out. Eight minutes left as rain falls at Seaview.
Carrick keeper Brian Neeson produces a brilliant save to push Tony Kane's free-kick round the post. From the resulting corner Allan Jenkins manages to volley over from four yards. A bad miss from the goalscorer which Carrick will hope to punish in the remaining 13 minutes.
Rangers boss Aaron Callaghan decides that it's time to add more firepower to what has been an impotent attack. Adam Salley gets his chance as he comes on for Mark Clarke.
Carrick are in danger of going two down as Ballymena pile on the pressure. Johnny McMuuray scoops over from six yards before Caolan Loughran directs his powerful header just over.
A lively start to the second half with Carrick's Steven McCullough drilling his 30-yard free-kick over the bar before Brian Neeson keeps out a Johnny McMurray strike.