David Knight targets fifth world title after X-Treme win
Manx enduro star David Knight says he is "heading in the right direction" after dominating the Eddy's X-Treme enduro in Yorkshire on Sunday.
The four-time world enduro champion underwent a double hernia operation in December but still lapped every rider in the two-hour race.
The 33-year-old said: "I didn't feel great but I still won and I feel I am heading in the right direction."
Graham Jarvis finished second with Jonny Walker third.
In only his second time riding an 'Extreme' enduro, the Isle of Man's Danny McCanney finished seventh.
Knight will now focus his attention on winning a fifth Enduro World Championship title, with the opening round being held in Chile on 24 March.
The KTM rider said: "I am heading off to France and Spain to get some training in and get my body back to 100%.
"I've got a couple of British rounds to practice on the big bike before I start the EWC campaign in March.
"I am very confident that I will be in good shape come the first round - I really want to win another title."
Knight was forced to miss several rounds of the EWC campaign last year when he underwent surgery on both hips.
The Isle of Man rider collected an MBE for services to motorsport from the Queen in December at Buckingham Palace.