Brian McGuigan has said he will play no part in Tyrone's Ulster Championship quarter-final with Armagh on 10 June.
The three-time All-Ireland winner came out of retirement to train with the squad last week but says a potential comeback won't happen before Sunday.
"It's simply not feasible for me to come in before the Armagh match.
"The boys who are there have put in a serious effort since before Christmas. There's no way I am going to come in [now] and disrupt things," he said.
McGuigan initially answered an SOS from Mickey Harte in the wake of season-ending injuries to key forwards Sean Cavanagh, Kyle Coney and Ronan O'Neill.
He played the second half of an in-house Tyrone training match in Clogher on Thursday night of last week.
The game also featured a number of promising club players from around the county, who have yet to be drafted in to the injury-hit senior side.
However McGuigan is reluctant to cause any friction in the camp, by potentially taking the place of a young player who has been training with the squad all year.
He confirmed in his column in the 'Gaelic Life' on Thursday that he will not be part of the squad for Sunday's game against Armagh at the Athletic Grounds.
"There's no way I'm going to come in this close to the championship and disrupt things," he revealed.
"After the Armagh game we'll look at it properly, see where I'm at, where Tyrone are at, and make a decision which we feel is going to be in everyone's best interests."