4 August BBC TV & radio Olympic schedule
(All times BST)
23 Sports contested
Athletics, badminton, basketball, beach volleyball, boxing, cycling (track), diving, equestrian, fencing, football, gymnastics (trampoline), handball, hockey, rowing, sailing, shooting (no video coverage), swimming, table tennis, tennis, triathlon, volleyball, water polo, weightlifting.
- Men's 100m heats - Usain Bolt starts the defence of his Olympic title along with Dwain Chambers and Yohan Blake
- Men's Long Jump Final - Greg Rutherford will be hoping for a first Olympic medal at his debut Games
- Women's Heptathlon 800m Final - Jessica Ennis will look to live up to her billing as one of Team GB's main Olympic medal hopes
- Men's 10,000m Final - Mo Farah will hope to add an Olympic medal to go along with his European gold
- Women's 100m Final - Team GB hopefuls Abi Oyepitan and Anyika Onoura will hope to overcome Jamaica's sprinting dominance
- Women's Team Pursuit Finals - Laura Trott is in action at the Olympic Velodrome
- Rowing - Men's Four Final - Team GB's coxless four will be looking to retain the gold medal they won in Beijing
- A busy day of swimming finals as the Women's 50m freestyle, Men's 1500m freestyle and both the Men's and Women's 4x100m Medley relays come to their conclusion. Fran Halsall and Michael Phelps are likely to star in their respective disciplines
- Women's Tennis singles gold medal match
- Women's triathlon - World Champion Scot Helen Jenkins will be looking to win her first Olympic medal
All video mentioned below available on BBC Sport website for UK users
Red Button (satellite and cable) and Connected TV
Up to 24 streams to cover live action.
BBC One & BBC One HD:
Coverage from 0600-0100 including:
0600-0845 Olympic Breakfast with Bill Turnbull and Hazel Irvine
0845-1120 Mishal Husain presents Women's Triathlon action with Helen Jenkins in contention
1120-1350 Matt Baker is joined by Sir Steve Redgrave and Colin Jackson to present coverage of the rowing and 100m heats
1350-1600 Clare Balding is at Wimbledon for the Women's singles tennis final
1600-1850 Sue Barker and Jake Humphrey present coverage of cycling from the Velodrome with Team GB one of the favourites to take the Women's Team Pursuit title
1850-2215 Gary Lineker hosts an enthralling finale to 'Super Saturday' with the Women's 100m, Women's Heptathlon, Men's Long Jump and Men's 10,000m all reaching their conclusion
2235-0100 Olympics Tonight with Gabby Logan is followed by Dan Walker's Olympic Sportsday as each show concludes a day on which 25 gold medals are up for grabs
Coverage from 0900-2300 including:
1400-1900 Manish Bhasin presents a range of events with highlights including badminton and tennis gold medal matches and a men's football quarter final
1900-2300 Jake Humphrey and Clare Balding host the final evening of swimming events with Fran Halsall and Michael Phelps on show. The second men's football quarter final will also be covered
BBC Red Button (Freeview)
0600-0855 Olympic Sportsday - Repeat
08:25-10:00 Women's Hockey
0855-0955 Beach Volleyball - Women's Round of 16 - Match 5
0955-1130 Cycling - Men's Sprint Qualifying, Men's Omnium Flying Lap and Men's Sprint 1/16 Finals
1130-1420 Equestrian - Show Jumping Individual and Team Qualification
1420-1630 Football - Men's quarter-final
1630-1650 Live coverage of the Olympic Games (details to be confirmed)
1650-1900 Football: Men's quarter-final
1900-1925 Live coverage of the Olympic Games (details to be confirmed)
1925-2110 Swimming including finals of Women's 50m Freestyle, Men's 1500m Freestyle, and Men's and Women's 4x100 Medley Relays
2110-2130 Basketball - Final stages of GBR v Australia men's group match
2130-2250: Beach Volleyball - Men's and Women's round of 16 matches from Horse Guards Parade.
2250-2400 Basketball - Final stages of Nigeria v Argentina in the women's preliminaries.
0000-0100 Highlights of today's London 2012 Olympic Games action
0100-0600 Olympic Sportsday - Repeat
1900-1940 Water Polo: Closing stages of Hungary v Great Britain in the men's preliminaries
1940-2040 Weightlifting: Men's Group A 94kg Final
2040-2330 Boxing: Men's preliminaries featuring Light Fly, Light Welter and Light Heavy categories
2330-0530 Highlights and replays from the day's top action at the London 2012 Olympic Games
Radio - 5 live
0600 - 0900 5 live Olympic Breakfast (with Rachel Burden and Chris Warburton).
0900 - 1400 5 live Olympics (with Mark Chapman and Nicky Campbell).
1400 - 1830 5 live Olympics (with Colin Murray).
1830 - 2230 5 live Olympics (with Mark Pougatch).
2230 - 0100 Late Night Olympics: Livesey's 2012 Marathon
BBC Radio 5 live Olympics Extra
0000 - 1000Olympic Highlights - Aound up of all the day's Olympic action from the London 2012 Games.
1000 - 0000Olympics Extra - live Olympic coverage from the London 2012 Games.