This entry is now closed for comments.
878. michaelo "It should be noted that every medal won by team GB cost £4.5 million of lottery and government funding. Some may argue that this money could be better spent on the NHS."But Boris has found £350million per week - hasn't he?Ooops, that was a lie too?
How fortunate the Russians had 30% of their athletes barred, I have to wonder how well Great Britain would have done in the same circumstances, we have to consider the number of athletes who have tested positive and or missed tests in the past as well which rather affects the score as there should be many more formerly banned athletes barred for life not 2 years most not British.
878. Posted by michaelo "Some may argue that this money could be better spent on the NHS"If you won the lottery, I bet you'd give zip to the NHS.
Well done Team GB!! Also must mention Michael Phelps, 23 gold medals from past four olympics. Most decorated all time, and at each of those olympics!! He has more medals than 106 nations have achieved in that time, including Jamaica, Ethiopia, Argentina and Austria, awesome athlete!!
Dan Walker - TV Gold! 😀
I love my BRAZIL. I don't give a damn what anybody else thinks of me!!
We don't need Pele! Brazil is zooooming!! Pele' is our GOD/Garrincha, they inspired the new generations! Brazil always carry on without Pele', = Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Socrates,Careca, Zico, Junior, , Falcao, Romario, Josimar. etc etc.. WE ARE BRAZIL! WE ALWAYS WILL BE!! We are 5 times World Champions. Brazil hosted Con Cup/WC/Rio Olympic Games. Brazil = HUGE SUCCESS!
Brazil = Alison.Bruno/Brazil Volleyball Team = Football Team = CHAMPIONS!
Why is the Biased British Corporation doing nothing about my hacked account ?!? Some left-wing radicals keep using my account and the so-called BBC do NOTHING about it!
878. Posted by michaeloSome may argue that this money could be better spent on the NHS.--Some may argue that it could be better spent on particle physics or setting up a not-for profit energy company or creating a new nature reserve for water birds too.You can't please everyone.
866. Posted by The ProtectorTeam GB is racist against the proletariat. 93% go to state school, yet only 72% are state educated in team GB. I think quotas are required--In order to be "racist", there would have to be a sufficient number of the proletariat who are good enough to be at the Olympics. If you point out who these people are who are not being picked, you might have a point, comrade.
879 Rosbif. Perhaps you should go and do some fact checking. These figures have been widely published and confirmed as "good value" by the sporting authorities. Any sort of apology will be fine!!!
724. Posted by Mountain Girl@720. Dammit im maD: Sweetie, all that hard work was put in while we are part of the EU. If we're out of the EU by 2024 and equal this haul, then maybe you have a point. By then, we'll have an EU olympic team - I think the EU (excluding the UK) got about 70 gold medals.70 gold divided by 27 countries, about 2 & a half medals per country.& GB got 27.
We're having some problems displaying the comments at the moment. Sorry. We're doing our best to fix it.
You must sign in to rate comments