The Rugby Football League are unlikely to accept the second bid submitted to them for Bradford Bulls.
The ABC consortium, whose initial conditional bid was dismissed as "unreasonable and unrealistic", put a second bid forward on Friday.
"We're waiting for the board's decision but I don't think they'll accept," RFL director of licensing Blake Solly said.
"We've told them a number of times any offer cannot be conditional but we're still getting conditional offers."
He added: "I don't think they're going to get a lot of change out of the board."
The first bid for the club was conditional on the RFL allowing the club to continue in Super League and the new owners to buy back the ground.
It is not known what the conditions of the second bid may be.
Solly also confirmed that the RFL were still considering administrator Brendan Guilfoyle's request for them to pay August's wages.
It had previously been understood that the game's governing body had agreed to cover the players' costs for a second successive month but that now appears to not be the case.
A response to both the second bid for the club and Guilfoyle's appeal for additional money are expected on Tuesday.
Guilfoyle extended the deadline for the Bulls to find a buyer on Friday but this could be put in jeopardy if the RFL refuse to pay this month's wages.
The Bulls have been in administration for over a month, having entered it on 26 June.
On Sunday, they were beaten 50-22 at Warrington and dropped to four points off the play-off places, following their six-point deduction for going into administration.