Super League: Warrington Wolves 26-27 Hull FC

Marc Sneyd
Marc Sneyd joined Hull FC at the start of the season after spending last season on loan at Castleford
First Utility Super League
Warrington Wolves (12) 26
Tries: Monaghan 2, Currie, Ormsby 2 Goals: Ratchford 2, Bridge
Hull FC (16) 27
Tries: Thompson, Sa, Sneyd, Minichiello, Lineham Goals: Sneyd 3 Drop: Sneyd

Hull FC snatched a last-gasp victory at Warrington Wolves, courtesy of Tom Lineham's late try and a final-minute drop-goal from half-back Marc Sneyd.

The hosts, for whom Joel Monaghan and Gene Ormsby both scored two tries, looked set for victory when they led by 10 points with 10 minutes remaining.

But Mark Minichiello and Lineham both crossed in the closing stages to draw the scores level at 26-26.

And Sneyd kicked the visitors to a crucial win that puts them eighth.

Exactly a week after beating local rivals Widnes with a Monaghan try in the last minute, Warrington found themselves on the wrong end of a dramatic finish and therefore missed the chance to move above Huddersfield into fourth position in the table.

Hull led 16-12 at half-time with tries from Jordan Thompson, Setaimata Sa and Sneyd, with Monaghan's first and a Ben Currie effort keeping Warrington within four points.

The hosts scored three times without reply in the second period, as Monaghan's second and Ormsby's brace put Tony Smith's side in a commanding position.

However, Australia-born forward Minichiello gave the visitors hope and Sneyd sent Lineham over in the corner for his 12th Super League try of the season to level the scores.

Sneyd missed a tricky conversion from the touchline, setting up a tense final five minutes, but the former Salford and Castleford man kept his nerve to kick the decisive drop-goal as the full-time hooter sounded.

Warrington head coach Tony Smith: "We may have got out of jail a little last week, but we put ourselves in jail this week.

"To be 10 points up with 10 minutes to play - we didn't manage our time very well in that last part of the game."

Hull FC coach Lee Radford: "The actual last play was bizarre. We actually slung a four-man wall up and it was just enough to put them off and for Marc (Sneyd) to execute. It's credit to him in a difficult situation.

"It was a good performance energy-wise, defensively we were good and with the ball we were far better - and that has got to be the blueprint for us."

Warrington Wolves: Ratchford; Monaghan, T. King, Atkins, Ormsby; Patton, Myler; Asotasi, Higham, Sims, Currie, Westwood, Harrison.

Replacements: Bridge, Hill, England, Laithwaite.

Hull FC: Rankin; Lineham, Talanoa, Yeaman, Michaels; Pryce, Sneyd; Watts, Houghton, Ellis, Sa, Minichiello, Thompson.

Replacements: Abdull, Paleaaesina, Green, Whiting.

Referee: Richard Silverwood