Super League fixtures 2017: Champions Wigan kick off at Salford
Super League champions Wigan Warriors will begin the 2017 season at Salford, with the opening weekend fixtures taking place between 9-12 February.
The Red Devils beat Hull KR in the Million Pound Game to stay up.
League Leaders' Shield winners Warrington travel to Catalans Dragons, while Challenge Cup winners Hull FC go to Wakefield Trinity.
Newly-promoted Leigh are at Castleford Tigers, while Leeds welcome St Helens and Widnes host Huddersfield.
In the Championship, Toulouse's return to the second tier kicks off on Saturday, 4 February with the visit of Batley Bulldogs.
Hull KR take on Bradford Bulls in their opener on the Sunday.
Meanwhile Toronto Wolfpack begin their life in the English game following their addition to League One, with a trip to London Skolars on Saturday, 4 March.
York however are still in negotiations with the Rugby Football League regarding their membership of the league.
|Super League opening weekend fixtures|
|Thursday, 9 February||St Helens v Leeds|
|Friday, 10 February||Castleford v Leigh|
|Friday, 10 February||Widnes v Huddersfield|
|Saturday, 11 February||Catalans Dragons v Warrington|
|Saturday, 11 February||Salford v Wigan|
|Sunday, 12 February||Wakefield v Hull FC|
- In addition to the Easter double header, there are now two fixtures spread across the final weekend of May.
- Wigan now have two rivalries to maintain, with Leigh's promotion to the Super League adding to the spice of the St Helens games. Leigh go to Wigan on 3 March and return the favour on 8 June.
- Salford have the daunting prospect of a trip to Perpignan in their second Easter game - they host Leigh on the Friday before going to Catalans on the Monday.
- Warrington and Hull FC gave us four absorbing, gruelling and hard-fought matches in 2016, including a classic Challenge Cup final. They meet on 1 and 28 April.
- Easter is packed with derbies - Wakefield and Castleford, Warrington and Widnes and Wigan and St Helens are all paired together over the bank holiday.
Significant dates for 2017
- Opening weekend - 9-12 February
- World Club Series - 18-19 February
- Easter weekend - 13-17 April
- Magic Weekend - 20-21 May
- Challenge Cup final - 26 August
Subscribe to the BBC Sport newsletter to get our pick of news, features and video sent to your inbox.