Super League: Hull FC 56-12 Hull Kingston Rovers

Jack Logan try
Jack Logan completed his hat-trick for Hull FC with six minutes remaining against Rovers
Betfred Super League
Hull FC (18) 56
Tries: Connor, Logan 3, Minichiello, Westerman, Kelly, Paea, Wynne Goals: Sneyd 10
Hull Kingston Rovers (12) 12
Tries: Keinhorst, Hall Goals: Hall 2

Jack Logan scored a hat-trick in a record win for Hull FC against city rivals Hull Kingston Rovers.

A Jake Connor try and two from Logan put Hull FC 18-12 up at the break, with Rovers responding through Jimmy Keinhorst and Craig Hall.

Mark Minichiello and Joe Westerman added to the lead before both sides had a man sin-binned.

Logan helped the hosts complete victory with his third score as Hull ran in four tries in the final 11 minutes.

Victory moves Hull up to fourth in the table, equal on points with third-placed Castleford, while Hull KR remain ninth in Super League.

A combination of pace and power from Connor saw him burst through Rovers' defence to grab the game's opening try eight minutes in.

An error from the restart allowed the visitors to hit back immediately through Keinhorst, but similarly sloppy work from the resulting restart set Hull up to reclaim the lead through Logan.

Centre Logan's second try in four minutes on the right edge put the Airlie Birds in a commanding position midway through the half, with Mark Sneyd adding his third conversion before missing a rare penalty soon after.

Rovers had to be patient with their reply, but it was remarkable when it arrived as Hall dashed through a gap after being slipped a lightning-quick pass from Joel Tomkins.

That, however, was as good as it got for Rovers on a scorching day at the KCOM Stadium as Minichiello and Westerman tries soon after the break put the game beyond reach.

With both sides down a man, following Ben Crooks' sin-binning for Rovers for a shoulder charge and Scott Taylor given 10 minutes for a dangerous hit on the winger, the game opened up for the hosts to pile on the misery.

Albert Kelly, a former Rovers favourite, pounced on a loose ball for the Black and Whites' sixth score with Logan's hat-trick completed in between efforts from Mickey Paea and Connor Wynne.

Hull FC head coach Lee Radford:

"It is always nice to beat them in that manner.

"We were ahead on the scoreboard but we didn't play particularly well that first 40 minutes and what we threw at them wasn't what we talked about.

"I thought we were outstanding second period. We looked at their bench and lack of middle, which they had due to injury, and if we kept hold of the football then we would have had some joy there and fortunately that turned out well for us."

Hull KR head coach Tim Sheens:

"The figures were atrocious. Down to 12 men, 10-2 penalty count and possession 44% in the second half.

"Everything that could go wrong went wrong. The scoreline reflected that.

"We were shooting ourselves in the foot early in the tackle count and giving away silly penalties.

"We have to wear it and look forward to going out there and regaining some respect from amongst our fans, starting on Monday."

Hull FC: Wynne; Logan, Tuimavave, Griffin, Faraimo; Connor, Sneyd; Taylor, Houghton, Paea, Minichiello, Lane, Ellis.

Replacements: Matongo, Westerman, S. Manu, Kelly.

Hull KR: Hall; Crooks, J Keinhorst, Linnett, Oakes; McGuire, Drinkwater; Mulhern, Lee, Jewitt, Tomkins, Hauraki, Lawler.

Replacements: Garbutt, Addy, Lunt, Harrison.

Referee: Ben Thaler (RFL).

Top Stories