Six Nations 2013: Prop Court 'gutted' at Irish omission

Media playback is not supported on this device

Ulster prop Tom Court targets a return to the Ireland match-day squad after missing out against Wales and England.

Ulster prop Tom Court says he is "gutted" after failing to make Ireland's match-day squads for the games against Wales and England.

"The way I was playing I thought I was in with a good shout but they went with the other guys," said Court.

Court may get his chance if Cian Healy is suspended after his citing for stamping on Dan Cole in Sunday's defeat by England in Dublin.

"If they require me to come in, I'm playing well enough to be there."

Court has not played for Ireland since the corresponding fixture against England last March.

The 32-year-old, who usually plays loose-head, came on as replacement at tight-head and was criticised after the scrum crumbled under English pressure in the Twickenham defeat.

He is confident there would be no repeat if he is brought in to face Scotland at Murrayfield on 24 February.

"I was the only prop on the bench last year and I didn't have enough time under my belt as a tight-head," added Court.

"I don't want that game against England to be my last cap or my final memory of playing for Ireland.

"There are two props among the replacements now so guys can focus on their specialist positions.

"Obviously, I would be playing loose-head this time where I've played most of my rugby and I should be more comfortable."

Top Stories