Pro12: Scarlets 25-25 Munster

Hadleigh Parkes
Hadleigh Parkes scored a try for Scarlets against Munster
Scarlets (12) 25
Try: Parkes Cons: S Shingler Pens: S Shingler 6
Munster (6) 25
Tries: O'Donoghue, F Jones, Hanrahan Cons: Keatley 2 Pen: Keatley 2

Munster replacement JJ Hanrahan's last-minute try denied Scarlets a Pro12 win in an enthralling encounter.

The home side had a 12 point lead with 13 minutes left to play thanks to 20 points from the boot of Steven Shingler and a Hadleigh Parkes try.

Jack O'Donoghue went over for the visitors before late tries from Felix Jones and Hanrahan.

Ian Keatley then added to two earlier penalties and a conversion with the last kick of the game for the draw.

The result means Scarlets remain unbeaten at home in the competition as they moved into sixth spot.

However they could be overtaken by mid-table rivals Connacht, who visit Newport Gwent Dragons on Sunday.

Johan Snyman receives treatment
Scarlets lock Johan Snyman receives treatment before being forced off early on following a blow to his head

Munster rose above Leinster to go home fourth in the table after producing the sort of fightback for which they have become renowned.

Steven Shingler won the first-half battle of the boot with four penalties to Keatley's brace as defences dominated.

Munster went into the second period with scrum-half Duncan Williams kicking his heels in the sin-bin after stamping on Scarlets wing Harry Robinson.

However, the hosts were unable to take advantage and Munster scored the first try through replacement back-rower O'Donoghue, converted by Keatley to give them the lead for the first time.

Home fly-half Shingler's fifth penalty sailed over from long range to reclaim the lead.

And momentum swung firmly in the home direction when flanker Aaron Shingler charged down Keatley in midfield and Parkes followed up to gather off his toes to score.

Steven Shingler converted and added a penalty to give his side a 12-point lead.

But a try for full-back Jones after lock George Earle was sin-binned saw Munster come back into the game in the latter stages.

Keatley could not convert from the touchline, but had a far simpler task with the final kick of the game after Hanrahan went 15 metres unhindered to score under the posts as Munster completed their comeback.


Scarlets: Jordan Williams; Harry Robinson, Regan King, Hadleigh Parkes, Michael Tagicakibau; Steven Shingler, Aled Davies; Phil John, Ken Owens (capt), Peter Edwards, Lewis Rawlins, Johan Snyman, Aaron Shingler, James Davies, John Barclay.

Replacements: Ryan Elias, Rob Evans, Jacobie Adriaanse, George Earle, Rob McCusker, Gareth Davies, Rhys Priestland, Adam Warren.

Munster: Felix Jones; Andrew Conway, Keith Earls, Denis Hurley (capt), Luke O'Dea; Ian Keatley, Duncan Williams; Dave Kilcoyne, Kevin O'Byrne, Stephen Archer, Donncha O'Callaghan, Billy Holland, Dave O'Callaghan, Tommy O'Donnell, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Eusebio Guinazu, John Ryan, BJ Botha, Jack O'Donoghue, Paddy Butler, Neil Cronin, JJ Hanrahan, Ivan Dineen.

Referee: Dudley Phillips (IRFU)

Assistant Referees: Ben Whitehouse, Greg Morgan (both WRU)

Citing Commissioner: Aurwel Morgan (WRU)

TMO: Simon McDowell (IRFU)