Pro12: Munster 45-17 NG Dragons

Media playback is not supported on this device

Highlights: Munster 47-15 NG Dragons
Munster (31) 45
Tries: Taute 2, Conway, Penalty, Kilcoyne, R O'Mahony Cons: Bleyendaal 6 Pen: Bleyendaal
NG Dragons (10) 17
Tries: Buckley, Dee Cons: D Jones 2 Pen: D Jones 2

Pro12 leaders Munster made it 14 wins in 15 games with a bonus-point victory over the Dragons in Cork.

JacobTaute crossed the line either side of Andrew Conway's score and the hosts were awarded a penalty, with Rhys Buckley hitting back for the Dragons.

Munster led 31-10 at the break before Elliott Dee's converted try gave the visitors hope of a comeback.

But this was Munster's night as Dave Kilcoyne and Ronan O'Mahony touched down to seal a six-try win.

Munster began well and out-half Tyler Bleyendaal kicked their first penalty although the Welsh side responded through a Dorian Jones penalty.

It was 3-3 after 11 minutes but the Munster forwards put in all the work before Duncan Williams' pass sent Taute over for a try in the 14th minute.

Munster take control

Bleyendaal converted and then brilliantly set up Conway's converted try - the fly-half intercepted a pass near his own line and kicked down-field for Conway to re-gather and touch down.

Munster led 17-3 after 20 minutes and it got worse for the visitors when Springbok Taute scored his second try in the 28th minute.

Bleyendaal added the extras again and despite a consolatory try from Buckley in the 37th minute, Munster secured the bonus point before half-time.

Williams' pass was about to send replacement Dan Goggin over in the corner, but a deliberate knock-on from Carl Meyer meant that the Dragons number 15 got yellow and Munster had a penalty try.

Munster led by 21 points at half-time but after Darren O'Shea got a yellow card for a shoulder charge on Jones at ruck-time, the Dragons pressurised their opponents and mauled their way over the home side's line for Dee's try in the 59th minute.

Dragons trailed 31-17 at that stage and the losing bonus point was in sight but Kilcoyne touched down in the 64th minute and O'Mahony in the dying seconds.

Munster: Conway, Sweetnam, Taute, Scannell, R. O'Mahony, Bleyendaal, Williams, Kilcoyne, Marshall, Archer, Kleyn, Foley, D. O'Callaghan, O'Donnell, O'Donoghue.

Replacements: D O'Shea for Foley (24), Goggin for Conway (31), Saili for Sweetnam (55), Griesel for Taute (73), McCabe for Kilcoyne (71), O'Byrne for Marshall (59), Scott for Archer (56), Oliver for Kleyn (41).

Sin Bin: D. O'Shea (56)

Newport Gwent Dragons: Meyer, Hughes, Morgan, Warren, Howard, D. Jones, Knoyle, Hobbs, Buckley, B. Harris, Screech, Landman, Griffiths, Cudd, Evans.

Replacements: O'Brien for D. Jones (61), T. Davies for Hobbs (64), Dee for Buckley (52), Fairbrother for B. Harris (64), Crosswell for Screech (53), Keddie for Griffiths (41) Pretorious for Knoyle (60), Beard for Warren (60).

Sin Bin: Meyer (40)

Ref: Mike Adamson (SRFU)

Top Stories