This entry is now closed for comments.
75. UnionJack1971The perennial debate - ROS vs Hendry. There's nothing "illogical" about deciding the greatness of a player based on World titles won. Using Joe Davis as part of your argument is pointless as he only needed to win one match on a challenge basis to keep his title. I have Hendry and ROS as 1 and 2. Ronnie's won 5 World titles in 26 attempts - probably should have done better.
70 NFFC I Agree, ANYBODY but Jumped Up Trump
UJ1971: It's not up to us to find proof for your argument, that's your job, though I doubt you've got any anyway so best you shut it.
61. That argument... is defunct nowadays. Mr Hendry was a great player. However, Mr O'Sullivan has eclipsed that mantle. Unless, you just want to base it purely on World Crowns, in that case... by your (illogical) reckoning, Joe Davis is the greatest snooker player (ever). Mr Hendry = predominately weak era: Mr White, Mr Davis, Mr O'Sullivan, especially the latter; all had problems at that time.
64 - 65. It would appear that there is some unnecessary malice being projected towards Mr O'Sullivan. The majority of snooker players; past and present - agree with the fact that Mr O'Sullivan is the 'greatest player to ever pick up a snooker cue'. Feel free to do some research... at your own leisure.
65. Mr Hendry lost the 'greatest' mantle - post World Championship 2013 to Mr O'Sullivan. Do keep up up with current affairs.
This comment was removed because it broke the house rules. Explain
Mark Williams winning the World Championship does push the sport. If there was a youngster with 50% the game of Mark they would be hailed as the 'Messi of snooker'
19 & 59: For your information, Joe Davis won more world titles than Hendry and Ronnie combined!!Even Reardon and Davis won more than Ronnie!!
ANYONE BUT TRUMP 👏👏
Come on Jimmy :-)
@66 Can't remember the full story but she "upset" either the BBC or World Snooker about sexist comments made to her. You can prob google her....
Notice nobody in the commentary mentions former refee Michaela Tabb anymore.
Ronnie is the most fluent ever naturally gifted.hendry is the best player bar none.hendry looked the same if he missed an easy black of the spot as he did just getting a century.plus he always had great admiration for the guys who beat him.ronnie sulks like a petulant little school boy and some things hes done are disgraceful.
62. Posted by keeping it real 2016Spot on.Snooker is far more than just about potting balls. You have to have the mental strengths that go with it. Ronnie has not got it in the great depths Hendry and even Davis had it. How many times has Ronnie lost against a very good all-round matchplay player. Lots. Mark Selby, Ali Carter, Stuart Bingham and Graeme Dott spring to mind.
The greatest player to have ever picked up a cue should have won more than 5 world titles for all his genius and talent.he's broke many records in the game so he has one target to focus on now and that's winning 7 or more.it would be great if he can achieve it.gonna be very tough and he will have to be on his A game to win it but when he is then he's on another level to anyone else.
60 - maybe Ronnie isn't all that if he can be knocked out of a world championships just because he got bored of his opponent?
59. Posted by paulAnd Ronnie himself recognises Hendry as the GOAT on strength he has won more world titles.What next? Tiger Roll is a better Grand National horse than Red Rum?
We're having some problems displaying the comments at the moment. Sorry. We're doing our best to fix it.
You must sign in to rate comments