History KS3 / KS4: I was there: The Great War Interviews
A powerful collection of interviews and stories filmed in the 1960s - told through the eyes of World War One veterans and civilians.
- Recruiting soldiers in WW1
- Interviews with soldiers describing how they physically and mentally coped during the war
- How soldiers got respite from the war after being on the front line
- Life as an officer
- Fighting in the trenches
- Shell fire and the effects it had
- The tactics used by airmen when bringing down enemy aircraft in the skies
- The Gallipoli campaign
These clips are from the BBC series, I was there: The Great War Interviews
Suitable for: KS3 and KS4/GCSE in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and 3rd, 4th Level, National 4, National 5 and Higher in Scotland.
Some clips contain upsetting scenes teacher review is recommended prior to use in class.