Updated: 23 January 2023
When you give us any personal information we’ll let you know how long we’ll hold it for. If we don’t say anything we stick to these principles:
- We only hold your information for as long as we do the activities we told you about
- We think about what type of information it is, the amount collected, how sensitive it might be and any legal requirements
- We design our services so that we don’t hold your information any longer than we have to
- We always think about the potential risk from anyone using or sharing this information without permission
- We may close your BBC account if you haven’t used it in the last year. We’ll send you an email to tell you that we plan to do this before we delete anything, so please check to see if we’ve sent you any emails about this
What if I have a BBC account?
We’ll hold the personal information you give us as part of your BBC account for as long as you have an account with us. If you delete your BBC account, then your personal information will immediately be deleted and the remaining information made anonymous. We might then use it to help us improve our services.
What if I’ve sent you something I created?