Франция ҳалокатли отишма ортидан йирик қидирув амалиётини бошлади
One of the biggest manhunts in recent French history is under way after four people were shot dead at a Jewish school in Toulouse.
Police have linked the attack to two shootings last week in which three soldiers of North African descent died.
The same gun and the same scooter were used in all the attacks, but the gunman has not been identified, officials say.
President Nicolas Sarkozy has placed south-western France on the highest level of terrorism alert.
It is the first time in the country's history that "scarlet alert" has been declared.
The measure enables the authorities to disrupt daily life and implement sweeping security measures, including mixed police-military patrols, powers to suspend public transport and close schools.
Guards are being posted outside all faith-based schools, as well as all Jewish and Muslim religious buildings.
Thousands of people marched through the streets Paris on Monday evening in memory of the victims.
All French schools will observe a minute's silence on Tuesday at 11:00 (10:00 GMT).
A team of about 200 investigations from Paris is pursuing two main lines of inquiry - an Islamist motive or the far right.
But Interior Minister Claude Gueant told French radio the authorities did not know who the killer was.
"For now, we carry on working. We're no further than that," he said.
The minister said "a witness saw a small video camera around the killer's neck" and the authorities were combing the internet for any possible footage.