London - Weather warnings issued14-day forecast
Forecast - London
Day by day forecast
- Tonight,Thundery showers and a gentle breeze,Low13° 56°,Wind speed11 mph18 km/h11 mph18 km/hSoutherly
- Tuesday 3rd OctoberTue 3rd,Light rain showers and a moderate breeze,High19° 66°Low10° 49°,Wind speed15 mph25 km/h15 mph25 km/hWesterly
- Wednesday 4th OctoberWed 4th,Sunny intervals and a moderate breeze,High19° 65°Low10° 49°,Wind speed13 mph21 km/h13 mph21 km/hWesterly
- Thursday 5th OctoberThu 5th,Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze,High19° 67°Low11° 52°,Wind speed10 mph16 km/h10 mph16 km/hSouth Westerly
- Friday 6th OctoberFri 6th,Sunny and a gentle breeze,High21° 70°Low12° 54°,Wind speed12 mph19 km/h12 mph19 km/hSouth Westerly
- Saturday 7th OctoberSat 7th,Sunny and a gentle breeze,High25° 78°Low13° 55°,Wind speed9 mph14 km/h9 mph14 km/hSouth Westerly
- Sunday 8th OctoberSun 8th,Sunny and a gentle breeze,High26° 78°Low14° 56°,Wind speed9 mph15 km/h9 mph15 km/hSoutherly
- Monday 9th OctoberMon 9th,Sunny and a gentle breeze,High23° 74°Low11° 52°,Wind speed10 mph16 km/h10 mph16 km/hSouth Westerly
- Tuesday 10th OctoberTue 10th,Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze,High21° 69°Low10° 51°,Wind speed9 mph14 km/h9 mph14 km/hSouth Westerly
- Wednesday 11th OctoberWed 11th,Light rain showers and light winds,High19° 66°Low9° 49°,Wind speed7 mph11 km/h7 mph11 km/hNorth Westerly
- Thursday 12th OctoberThu 12th,Sunny intervals and light winds,High19° 67°Low10° 50°,Wind speed5 mph8 km/h5 mph8 km/hSouth Westerly
- Friday 13th OctoberFri 13th,Sunny intervals and light winds,High19° 67°Low12° 53°,Wind speed6 mph10 km/h6 mph10 km/hSoutherly
- Saturday 14th OctoberSat 14th,Light cloud and a moderate breeze,High19° 67°Low10° 50°,Wind speed13 mph21 km/h13 mph21 km/hSouth Westerly
- Sunday 15th OctoberSun 15th,Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze,High18° 65°Low10° 50°,Wind speed11 mph17 km/h11 mph17 km/hWesterly
Hour by hour forecast
Forecast for London
Latest forecast from BBC London
- Last updated4 hours ago
- Updated Monday to Friday only
Latest forecast for LondonLast updated 53 minutes ago
This evening will see a few further heavy, thundery downpours, but it will turn gradually drier overnight, with a few brief clear spells forming.
Tomorrow will see a cloudy morning, but it should be largely dry. In the afternoon there will be plenty of sunny spells with just some patchy cloud and the outside chance of a light shower.
Outlook for Wednesday to Friday
Wednesday looks to be mainly dry with sunshine between areas of cloud. The odd light shower cannot be ruled out, however. Thursday will start mostly sunny but it will become increasingly cloudy through the day. Largely dry throughout. Friday is set to become breezier with a mix of variable cloud and sunny intervals. Small chance of the odd spot of rain during the morning.
- Last updated53 minutes ago
Observations - St. James's Park
- Humidity: 78%
- Visibility: Visibility: Not available
- Pressure: Pressure: Not available
Met Office warnings issued for Greater London
Yellow warning of thunderstorms
Started at: 17:00 BST on Mon 2 October
Ends: 02:00 BST on Tue 3 October
Thunderstorms and heavy rain may cause some disruption and flooding during Monday evening and into the night. - There is a good chance driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to longer journey times by car and bus - Delays to train services are possible - Flooding of a few homes and businesses is possible - Probably some damage to a few buildings and structures from lightning strikes, with some short term loss of power and other services
Issued at: 16:41 BST on Mon 2 October
About the Met Office Weather Warnings
The Met Office issues weather warnings when severe weather has the potential to impact the UK.
The Met Office issues warnings for rain, thunderstorms, wind, snow, lightning, ice, extreme heat and fog. These warnings are given a colour depending on a combination of both the impact the weather may have and the likelihood of those impacts occurring.
For more information, see the Met Office Weather Warnings Guide.
Weather Warnings Key
Extreme weather is expected. Red means you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impact of the weather. Widespread damage, travel and power disruption and risk to life is likely. You must avoid dangerous areas and follow the advice of the emergency services and local authorities.
There is an increased likelihood of bad weather affecting you, which could potentially disrupt your plans and possibly cause travel delays, road and rail closures, interruption to power and the potential risk to life and property. Amber means you need to be prepared to change your plans and protect you, your family and community from the impacts of the severe weather based on the forecast from the Met Office.
Severe weather is possible over the next few days and could affect you. Yellow means that you should plan ahead thinking about possible travel delays, or the disruption of your day to day activities. The Met Office is monitoring the developing weather situation and Yellow means keep an eye on the latest forecast and be aware that the weather may change or worsen, leading to disruption of your plans in the next few days.
Our favourite Weather Watchers photos nearby
Report for Spitalfields, Greater London
Reported by Maia
Report for Bayswater, Greater London
Reported by Nicholas
Report for Canary Wharf, Greater London
Reported by Richard
Report for Kingston upon Thames, Greater London
Reported by Meg Marvels